Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Loan Application Round 2

I went to the bank today with all my papers. I had everything in order but unfortunately the sample home that was estimated is about 15% smaller than I originally intend to build. Therefore I need my architect to draw up another sample closer to the desired size (~150 square meters) as well as get a new Build Cost estimate based on this new plan.

Here's hoping I can get this pre-approved loan application in by Thursday. Fingers crossed.

So if you're wondering what are all the papers you need here's a quick rundown:

- Certificate of Registered Domicile: (Toroku Genpyo Kisai Jiko Shomeisho) This is the closest thing to a family registry for a foreigner in Japan. You need the form which shows all family members and needs to be less than 1 month old.

- Certificate of Employment: Get this from your employer.

- Certificate of Earnings : (Gensen choshuyou) for the past 3 years. You need to show your past earnings. It helps if you can provide a letter from your employer on your current salary.

- Estimate of Costs : For Land, Building, Architect, Old Building Disposal.

- Land and Building documents: Real estate agent should provide all this :registration from city (less than 1 month old) , official land measurements, Real Estate Listing showing Desired Price, Desired Home Plan.

- Proof of Car Loan Re-payment: In my case, they will lend more if I prove that I don't have outstanding debts.

I hope this goes through because I don't know if I have the stamina to go through all this again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment